Here at Responster we have a certain place in our heart for tools that help us in our everyday work. One of the simple reasons for this is because these tools ultimately make Responster better. In this post, we want to share with you what tool we use to effectively communicate with our users.
It’s essential for us to discover what our users find difficult when using Responster and also what they need help with. We also need to be able to answer questions from visitors who come to our landing page. It’s perfect if we’re able to get contacted in real-time because that means that we can respond more quickly. Guess what? The great news is that we can do this with a chat tool called Olark. Read on to find out why we love it!
Olark – Your Go To Chat Client
So Olark is a really nifty tool to offer your website visitors and users a chance to communicate with you in real-time. Installing Olark is easy and you don’t have to be a hardcore web developer to do it. When you install Olark you’ll get a small chat box in the lower corner of the screen, like this.
Whenever someone on our website wants to get in touch with us he or she just click on the chat box and starts typing away. If we’re there on the other side (unfortunately we can’t work 24/7 yet) we’re notified immediately when we receive the message. When a user needs help understanding some part of Responster it’s very easy for us to explain this using Olark. A typical example can look like in the image below, where one of our users asks how filtering works.
We could write a lot more about what we love with Olark, but let’s cut to the chase. Here are the top five things we can’t live without when using Olark:
- Chat in real-time. We can respond immediately whenever someone contacts us.
- Get user information right in Olark’s admin panel. We know the names of the persons we’re chatting with. It becomes much more personal when we can greet the user with his or her name!
- User localization. We see where our users are located on the website so that we can guide them even better.
- Receive email notifications whenever someone writes in the chat while it’s closed. This way we can respond to all inquiries even if it doesn’t happen in real-time.
- Create automated messages. Olark can send automatic messages to website visitors depending on different parameters. For example, this can be first-time visitors getting a greeting message.
What’s great with Olark is that with their free plan you can have one operator and chat 20 times a month. That’s really good to start with. You should head over to Olark and check it out if you haven’t done it already.
Do you have any own experience of using Olark? I’d love to hear your thoughts on it. Just drop me a line at [email protected]